WMA Privacy and Security Summary
At WMA, our customers are number one – always. That’s why everything we do is focused on providing excellent customer service and delivering low prices.
The information you share with WMA allows us to provide the products and services you need and want while giving you the very best shopping experience.
Our founder Aztlan Mora reminded us that “a promise we make is a promise we keep,” and it’s our promise to customers that we respect the trust you place in us and the privacy of the information you share. Part of providing superior customer service includes making sure that we’re building a relationship of trust with customers. Our way of doing that is to let you know in a clear, prominent, and easily accessible way how we collect, use, share, and above all protect your personal information.
Our Policy outlines:
- How and why we collect your personal information;
- How your personal information is used and protected;
- When and with whom we share your personal information; and
- What choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
Our Policy covers how and why we collect, use, protect, and share your personal information:
- At WMA in the United States, and
- On our websites and mobile services where this Policy is posted.
Our Policy focuses on personal information – information that identifies you or reasonably can be linked to information that identifies you.
For example, when you place an item on layaway or place an order online, we collect personal information, such as name, address, phone number, but your credit or debit card information is not collected nor stored except expiration date and your first and last name.
What Type of Information Do We Collect?
We collect two types of information: (1) information we receive from you and (2) information we receive from others. Information we receive from you includes information you share with us, such as when you create an account on one of our websites. This also includes information you provide us through technology, such as through a cookie placed on your computer when you visit our websites. We also receive information from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our service to you, and detect fraud. Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business.
We collect information to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We collect information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our stores, websites, and mobile services.
What Information Do We Receive From You?
You share information with us in various ways in our stores and online. For example, you share information when you:
- Make an in-store or online purchase, or other transaction, with us;
- Create an account on one of our websites or mobile services;
- Use a gift registry or create a mobile shopping list;
- Participate in our programs;
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Post a review or comment on one of our social media pages, or post a rating, review or other user-generated content on one of our websites or mobile services; and
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey.
When you engage in these activities, you may share different types of personal information with us, such as your name, email address, physical or postal address, phone number, date of birth, and payment information.
You also provide us information in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps our websites and mobile services work correctly and supports our customer marketing and analytics efforts – our work to understand our customers’ needs and provide information about our products and services. Here are some examples:
- Device Information: We collect technical information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications or services. This includes information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of mobile device you use, your device operating system and browser type, a unique device identifier, the address of a referring websites, the path you take through our websites, and other information about your session on our websites.
- Browsing Information: We use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our websites and mobile services. Cookies allow us to provide you relevant information as you use or return to our sites. Web beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our websites and other sites were effective. We use these tools to provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your location when your device is set to provide location information. For example, your device’s GPS signal allows us to show you the nearest WMA stores. We may be able to recognize the location of a mobile device in stores where we provide customers free WiFi access. Through mobile services, Bluetooth technology in our stores allows us to show you nearby products that may interest you.
- Cameras: We operate cameras in store for security and operational purposes, for example, to help us improve the design of our stores to better serve our customers.
If I’m Just Browsing:
- We use IP addresses to measure our site traffic and to help provide a customized shopping experience. Your IP address is not linked to your customer information.
- If you come to our site via a link, the location where you came from is captured. This is used to help us better promote our site.
- We capture the type of browser you are using to help us optimize our site to match the browser used by our customers.
- We also keep track of pages you visit to help us provide a more personalized and relevant shopping experience and so that we can improve our site design.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of our customers’ personal information. We use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information.
We have a team of associates who are responsible for helping to protect the security of your information. Whether you are shopping on our websites, through our mobile services, or in our stores, we use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards. These measures may include security access controls or other physical security safeguards, information security technologies and policies, procedures to help ensure the appropriate disposal of information, and training programs.
Here are some examples of security measures we use to protect your personal information:
- Passwords are required to access your online account and help to protect your account information. Please keep this password confidential.
- Encryption technology, called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), helps to protect personal information in certain areas of our websites during transport across the Internet. The presence of SSL encryption may be indicated by https in the browser URL or the image of a closed lock or solid key in the browser window. These indications may not be present in mobile services that use SSL.
- For payment card information, we use secured networks, encryption or other protection of cardholder data, physical and technical access controls, monitoring and tests of security systems, and other information security practices to help to protect your information.
Security Disclosure Policy:
WMA cares deeply about maintaining the trust and confidence that our customers place in us. Therefore, the security of our eCommerce platform is of paramount importance to us. If you are a security researcher and have discovered a security vulnerability in one of our services, we appreciate your help in disclosing it to us in a responsible manner. WMA will engage with security researchers when vulnerabilities are reported to us in accordance with this Disclosure Policy. We will validate and fix vulnerabilities in accordance with our commitment to security and privacy. We won’t take legal action against or suspend or terminate the accounts of those who discover and report security vulnerabilities in accordance with this Disclosure Policy. WMA reserves all legal rights in the event of any noncompliance.
How can I contact WMA with questions about my Privacy and Security?
If you have questions or comments about WMA Privacy and Security, please feel free to contact us in any of the following ways:
By Website: Click our Contact Us to ask us a general question.
Online: Contact Us
By Phone: Call us to reach our customer service department.
By Email: Send us an email and ask us anything about our products.